Monday, August 3, 2009

A Relaxing weekend and Fortuna Trip

Weekend before last we had a very relaxing weekend at home. We spent the weekend doing quality things as a family and relaxing-I didn't know what to do with myself-I wasn't packing or unpacking a bag for a change! Nico had a great time in his excersaucer........


and he loved relaxing in Auntie Suzie's pool with Uncle Lucas
On Wednesday Nico and I headed to Fortuna to spend a long weekend with my parents. It was Nico and I's first road trip by ourselves it went great.....we are so lucky to have a great traveler. On Thursday my mom and I went shopping for 30 underprivileged and foster children. Every year the girls in my family volunteer at this camp. We cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for 80 people for a week. My Aunt Sandra is the director of this camp so my mom is in charge of finding the kids birthday gifts (many of these kids have never had a birthday gift). The last day of camp we throw the kids a birthday party and give them their gifts. This year I won't be able to attend the camp so I told my mom I would help with the birthday shopping for the camp. My mom, Nico and I spent 8 hours at Target. Nico was the best! He loved looking at all the people and toys (I told you he was nosy). We were exhausted after our shopping adventure and we left with a car full of toys! It is worth it because these kids are so awesome and appreciative. We are always looking for donations so if you would like to know more information about the kids and the camp or would like to make a donation.. feel free to let me know-its such a great cause!

Marc met up with us on Friday to spend the rest of the weekend with us. We went to dinner with my family at the Scotia Pub. My cousin Angi and her mom opened the restaurant a few months back and this was our first time eating there. It was great and we enjoyed spending the evening there.

Nico is into grabbing everything these days.....you have got to watch those quick hands. While we were at the Pub he grabbed a wine glass and put it up to his mouth like he was going to drink from it. It was hilarious. I think we might have another wino in the family.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: