Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby B Update

I had my 36 week appointment today. I have been battling high blood pressure for the past few weeks and at times felt it could have been self induced. I wasn't feeling that great the last few days-I was having pretty severe headaches so I was taking it real easy. So when I went for my normal appointment I was told that my blood pressure was 138 over 95 (not good). They did a quick ultra sound and Baby B is still breach so they admitted me to the hospital to be monitored and have blood work done. Since I was already at the hospital they felt they should try the version. What a day! Marc and I had planned to go to the doctors appointment and then run errands-I guess this is the first lesson in parenthood-you must remain flexible!

They tried the version and the baby wouldn't move. He is happy where he is and if he decides to move he will do it in his own time. The doctor said he would be willing to try the version next week if baby was in a different position but if not we would need to schedule a c-section! I'm a little bummed about the c-section but it is out of my control and looking on the bright side I can pick a date (which works for my planning personality)! So if we end up with a c-section it will probably be around the 14th or 15 of March-which means only 2.5 weeks! Pregnancy has gone by so fast. They are going to monitor me pretty close because of my blood pressure to be sure it doesn't turn into full blown Preeclampsia. Right now I have been diagnosed with PIH (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension) Basically a fancy name for High Blood Pressure. So I will keep you updated on any news of Baby B's arrival but as of now things are looking around the 15th of March!

2 comments:

Judd's said...

Renee good luck with everything! I wish you a happy delivery, however Baby B decides to come.

Robert Solari said...

Well, it sounds like YOU are prepared...the real question is VINO ready? If not i think there's biscuit shaped ice chips that can help him through the final moments. Gettin' excited!

Rob